On tonights episode of “Shit I Cook My Husband”
Per husbands request, the recreation of BJ’s “Twisted BLT.” (Yes I bought bacon for him)
Why is Kandace sharing recipes?! She hates cooking! Click :HERE: to find out!
This recipe was inspired by BJ’s restaurant that is currently near us in Vacaville, CA. It is one of the few places my husband and I dined out together when we first moved here almost a year ago because they have a big salad selection for me and he could order a big juicy burger. Win, win.
After our first time eating there he said he wasn’t completely satisfied with the portions and felt like he was still hungry. I suggested ordering a small salad next time prior to the main course. He wasn’t enthusiastic about it but he decided to give this one a shot. Little did he know it would become the BEST salad he’s ever had! (his actual words)
Now, he goes there JUST for this salad. Funny. However, they only serve it as a “starter salad” in a small “child-sized” portion and he always states that he could eat a full-sized one because he loves it so much.
Anytime my husband says these 3 sexy words in relation to dinner “I want salad.” I’M ON IT! (obviously my salad will be MINUS tomatoes, bacon and blue cheese)
The dressing is deliciously sweet with a tolerable spice! The best part, it’s totally healthy!
INGREDIENTS (dressing only)
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar/white wine vinegar mixture
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey (props to my cousin Kimberly for gifting me with this huge jar of raw honey)
- 1.5 tablespoons Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice (maybe I added just a wee bit more)
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (husband thought I was trying to sneak this in, I had to show him the recipe actually calls for it – LOL!)
- Add all ingredients together in a ninja single cup blender (that’s what I used) or blender.
- Let blend for a minute or so. (shake it up to make sure it all blends)
- Pour into a mason jar like container for storage, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Shake before each use!
INGREDIENTS (salad for two)
- 4 organic hard boiled eggs sliced
- 4 cups organic baby spinach
- 2 vine tomatoes diced
- 2/3 cups blue cheese crumbles
- thick cut bacon, smoked, diced
Husband put the bacon in our Green Mountain Pellet Grill smoker for minutes 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
My thoughts: The dressing is BOMB. I plan on using it for more at home salads! Sometimes salad at home gets super boring so this will absolutely jazz it up! I added rotisserie chicken to my salad.
Husbands honest review: “Tastes JUST like the one at BJ’s but BETTER! Like an orgasm in my mouth!!! Use that for your review.” (lol)