Husband LOVES eggs Benedict but HATES how he feels like a sack of turds afterwards. So we researched a healthier alternative that doesn’t use chemicals and artificial ingredients and he liked it so much we had to pass it along – this is what we came up with after remixing a few different recipes!
• Hot water
• ⅔ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
• 3 large egg yolks
• 1 tsp . Dijon mustard (optional)
• ½ tsp . sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
• 1 pinch ground white pepper (optional)
• Ground cayenne pepper + chili powder (to taste; optional)
• 3 Tbsp . organic grass-fed butter , melted
+avocado for topping 🙂
1 Fill large saucepan ¼ full of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; gently boil.
2 Place a heat resistant bowl over the saucepan so that it rests snug like a lid.
3 Combine yogurt, egg yolks, and mustard (if desired) in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if desired).
4 Add yogurt mixture to bowl over saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
5 Remove from heat; add butter, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce has cooled.